[webkit-dev] Windows Build Broken?

Brent Fulgham bfulgham at apple.com
Fri Aug 2 08:43:57 PDT 2013

Hi Rakesh,

On Aug 2, 2013, at 1:29 AM, Rakesh Sadhu <rakeshsadhu at hotmail.com> wrote:

> But I am facing one more  problem , my release winlauncher launches properly whereas
> debug winlauncher fails with the message "Failed to determine path to AAS Directory”.

WebKit requires certain support DLLs to run properly (e.g., libxml2.dll, zlib1.dll, cairo.dll).  For the standard Apple build, these live in the Program Files directory and will be installed on your system if you have iTunes. We do not have an installer or canonical location for the WinCairo port’s support libraries; usually they are just copied to the same directory as the application.

> In the file DLLLauncherMain.cpp ::moidfypath
>
> //#if defined(_M_X64)
>     static const wstring pathPrefix = L"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Apple\\Apple Application Support";
> //#else
>    // static const wstring pathPrefix = L"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Common Files\\Apple\\Apple Application Support";
> //#endif
>
> I commented above lines , but i was encountering another problem " msvcr80.dll" missing .

You could also just return true without doing anything, which is probably the right thing to do for the WinCairo port.

The missing “msvcr80.dll” makes me think you have some VS2005-based support library DLLs in your path. The current set of WinCairo support dlls are all build with VS2010, and do not link against this old runtime.

-Brent