[webkit-dev] Test frame size for reftests

L. David Baron dbaron at dbaron.org
Wed Apr 24 10:30:39 PDT 2013

On Wednesday 2013-04-24 09:55 -0700, Darin Adler wrote:
> On Apr 23, 2013, at 11:36 AM, Benjamin Poulain <benjamin at webkit.org> wrote:
>
> > The current mode works fine for some ref-tests but is really annoying for others. I would love to have a way to compare the entire page instead of the viewport.
> >
> > Maybe it could just be an API on testrunner? Like:
> >     testRunner.dumpEntirePagePixels()?
>
> What’s the downside of just doing this for all reftests? Would it
> make them slower? Would it cause failures? I’d love it if we could
> just do it without it having to be opt-in.

Tests that rely on this wouldn't be sharable with other browsers or
usable in W3C test suites, at least based on current practice.

(I think we had some sort of agreement within some set of people
involved with W3C reftests to use 800x600.  Mozilla is currently
using 800x1000, though I'd like to switch to the smaller size.)

-David