[webkit-dev] Test frame size for reftests

Benjamin Poulain benjamin at webkit.org
Wed Apr 24 10:06:56 PDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 9:55 AM, Darin Adler <darin at apple.com> wrote:

> On Apr 23, 2013, at 11:36 AM, Benjamin Poulain <benjamin at webkit.org>
> wrote:
>
> > The current mode works fine for some ref-tests but is really annoying
> for others. I would love to have a way to compare the entire page instead
> of the viewport.
> >
> > Maybe it could just be an API on testrunner? Like:
> >     testRunner.dumpEntirePagePixels()?
>
> What’s the downside of just doing this for all reftests? Would it make
> them slower? Would it cause failures? I’d love it if we could just do it
> without it having to be opt-in.

Some ref-tests are designed so that only the part in the viewport maters.
If I remember correctly, it is for testing things like fixed elements that
are attached in the viewport.

It would also make testing slower but I think we have some freedom to
compensate for that.

Maybe we could just fix the tests that would break by rendering everything.

Benjamin