[webkit-dev] Test frame size for reftests

Zoltan Horvath zoltan at webkit.org
Tue Apr 23 11:26:01 PDT 2013

Hey there,

I was debugging a test which was passing in the testrunner, but failing in
the testbrowser. It was because the reftests compare only in a 800*600px
frame, although we have many tests which are taller than this frame. If
there was a mismatch to the expected result outside that frame and the
difference doesn't affect the scrollbar then the test just passes silently.

Do we have any guidelines for these cases?

We could either:

1. Split up the tests concerned.
2. Increase the test frame size to a bigger fixed value. (I'm thinking only
in reftests.)
3. Generate the images for the actual view. (?)
4. ?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
<Zoltan>