[webkit-dev] mouseenter and mouseleave events

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Wed Apr 17 01:51:59 PDT 2013

<kde at carewolf.com>wrote:
> > That is because it is not meant to be enabled any time soon. The CSS4
> > definitions are only there to guide our implementation so it behaves in a
> > forward compatible way. The problem is we enabled a small part of image-
> > rendering back when it was a proposal for CSS3 (and because it is part of
> > SVG
> > CSS). The standardization effort is in CSS4 and will probably take a few
> > years
> > before it is ready to be enabled on any ports.
>
> If there is no plan to enable this anywhere for years. This should not be
> in the source today.

I can understand that. I will see how to best clean it up, or possibly roll it
back.

> I would prefer you finish the feature before moving on the next one.

When you are not working for Apple, it takes months to get a review of a
patch. Just the former mouseenter/mouseleave event patch had been sitting in
the review queue since September. If I worked on one thing at a time I would
have months at a time were I would be sitting idle. Sorry I can't do that.

 `Allan