[webkit-dev] Buildsystem cleanup

Patrick Gansterer paroga at paroga.com
Tue Apr 9 09:34:51 PDT 2013

Hi,

On Mon, 08 Apr 2013 18:10:29 -0700, Mark Rowe wrote:
> On 2013-04-08, at 17:45, Patrick Gansterer <paroga at paroga.com> wrote:
>> Hmm, I'll try to set up an example for WTF + JavaScriptCore. Maybe
>> you can have a look at it then to check if I understand the concept
>> correctly before I move on to WebCore + WebKit?
>
> Sounds good.

I pushed a quick & dirty example to [1], which shows a possible
solution for WTF and JavaScriptCore.

You can test it with the following steps. The helper directory contains
then all "built" files.

* Create a directory helper
* Copy all files from Source/cmake to helper/cmake
* Copy all files (including the support libraries) from WebKitLibraries
to helper/WebKitLibraries
* Create an independent directory and run the following commands in it:
$ cmake path/to/WebKit/Source/WTF/wtf -DPORT=WinApple
-DHELPER_DIR=path/to/helper
$ cmake --build . --target package
* You get a WTF.zip, which should be extracted in the directory helper
* Create an additional independent directory and run the following
commands in it:
$ cmake path/to/WebKit/Source/JavaScriptCore -DPORT=WinApple
-DHELPER_DIR=path/to/helper
$ cmake --build . --target package
* Yout get a JavaScriptCore.zip with the DLL

I would be great if someone can verify that this solution will work for
the internal builds at Apple.
If I get positive feedback I'll can implement this for WebCore and
WebKit too. Is there someone who will review my patches for this?
Do you think it's possible to directly switch to CMake at Apple instead
of upstreaming the VS2010 files? IHMO the whole work can be done in a
few days, if someone at Apple is willing to work with me on it.

[1] https://github.com/paroga/webkit

-- Patrick