[webkit-dev] Feature removal: CSS variables

Ryosuke Niwa rniwa at webkit.org
Sun Apr 7 23:28:26 PDT 2013

On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 11:18 PM, Jake <jake at jakeonthenet.com> wrote:

> I would say that is a really bad attitude on Apple's part. Effectively
> telling someone to "shut up" is just bad stewardship. Input from the
> community should be welcomed, because you never know when that person you
> chastise might want to become a contributor.

webkit-dev is a place to discuss about the development of WebKit.  Whether
Google was the dragging force of the project, or that we have insufficient
engineering resources now that Google has forked WebKit isn't an
appropriate topic for this mailing list.

I don't think Adele was trying to shut him up on his other points like how
CSS variable is a desirable feature for many Web developers. That is an
useful feedback/information we should value as the community. A political
opinion on relationships about companies that contribute or previously
contributed to WebKit is not.

- R. Niwa