[webkit-dev] Sunsetting committership and reviewership

Dirk Schulze dschulze at adobe.com
Sun Apr 7 18:07:18 PDT 2013

On Apr 7, 2013, at 5:53 PM, Benjamin Poulain <benjamin at webkit.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 5:49 PM, Timothy Hatcher <timothy at apple.com> wrote:
> I think 6 months is fine for deactivating SVN accounts. And a full revoke of reviewer status after 2 years of no activity sounds reasonable to me. We could make it easier to get reviewer status again after a 2 year sunset if the person becomes active again and shows good judgment still.
>
> +1 to this.
>
> I think 2 years to revoke reviewer rights is too long. All the drive-by reviews that have caused problems were from reviewers that were inactive for less than 2 years. Nevertheless, 2 years is better than the current situation so it is a good start.

The question is still how you measure active reviewers/contributors? Is it enough to comment on bugs? Real reviews? Must there be at least one r+ in this time? Is an actual commit required?

What do we gain from reverting reviewer ship/ committer ship?

I can absolutely understand security concerns on unused accounts. But this is the case on active contributors as well. How many people did change their passwords after the first activation of SVN access? If we have security concerns, we should reset all passwords for all people with SVN accounts from time to time.

Greetings,
Dirk