[webkit-dev] Cleaning House

Glenn Adams glenn at skynav.com
Thu Apr 4 12:01:36 PDT 2013

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 12:56 PM, Geoffrey Garen <ggaren at apple.com> wrote:

> I'd also suggest purging the chromium layout tests ASAP so we can enjoy
>> the much-reduced archive sync costs.
>>

> We really need to get the Mac or Win EWS performing tests by default and
> reliably before doing this. At present, only the chromium-linux EWS bot has
> been consistently running tests. When Mac/Win tests were turned on
> recently, it resulted in huge backups on those EWS bots, and eventually
> having tests disabled.
>

> If committers are willing to do their own regression testing and
> committing, we can move forward with cleaning house. (For what it's worth,
> that's how I've always worked.)

I always run my own regression testing as well, but I'm using a MBP Retina,
so that makes filtering real regressions tough since images are all
non-Retina. Also, I can't regress test other platforms/ports without EWS,
so I've made good use of the chromium-linux testing in the up until now.

However, I'm not suggesting delays to house cleaning. Just pointing out
that absence of the chromium-linux EWS will have its negatives as well
until we have reliable testing (with pixel testing) on a few of the Apple
ports.