[webkit-dev] HbbTV support within Webkit

Kenneth Rohde Christiansen kenneth.christiansen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 00:50:43 PDT 2012

Hi,

I still don't get it. CE-HTML is a closed standard and not something
we ever want in WebKit as we are pushing HTML5/Living Standard.

I understand that you need some execution and security model, but
apart from that I don't see why you don't aim at supporting HTML5
instead of some custom dialect that is moving in another direction
that they rest of the industry. Even with the System Applications
working group [1], which Samsung is co-chairing, the execution and
security model will get solved with proper participation.

Also the need for using XHTML isn't that big anymore, now that HTML5
defines how to actually parse the document.

Cheers
Kenneth

[1] http://www.w3.org/2012/05/sysapps-wg-charter.html