[webkit-dev] Improving DOM Exception console messages.

Elliott Sprehn esprehn at chromium.org
Mon Oct 1 23:52:08 PDT 2012

Even so what we have right now can be improved without exposing sensitive
information. For instance HIERARCHY_REQUEST_ERR or SYNTAX_ERR is really
useless, it would be much nicer to have the tag name and what was really
wrong.

As a current example, if you create a MutationObserver with the wrong
dictionary arguments you get a useless error message.

o = new WebKitMutationObserver(function() {})
o.observe(node, {});
// SYNTAX_ERR: wtf is really wrong?

I don't think we need to wait for interop here, we can just give you
sensible error messages.