[webkit-dev] Improving DOM Exception console messages.

Ryosuke Niwa rniwa at webkit.org
Mon Oct 1 17:48:07 PDT 2012

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 5:18 PM, Ojan Vafai <ojan at chromium.org> wrote:

> This isn't spec'ed anywhere. I agree it would be ideal to get a spec for
> this, but I don't think we need to block on that in this instance.

I would like to see us posting this on public-webapps or www-dom. I've seen
js code that tried to parse exception messages to get more information
about the failure.

> This is an area where browsers are completely incompatible already. I
> don't see much benefit from blocking on creating a specification to make
> this situation better for web developers. It's actually not that big of a
> deal if the error messages from different browsers are different.

If Web developers wanted to know the details of failures on their websites
as opposed to on Inspector, wouldn't it better to add some sort of API that
could interoperate on all browsers?

- Ryosuke