[webkit-dev] Is there a rule to use UNUSED_PARAM ?

Alexey Proskuryakov ap at webkit.org
Mon Oct 1 10:30:44 PDT 2012

01.10.2012, в 6:47, Gyuyoung Kim <gyuyoung at gmail.com> написал(а):

> There were build warning related to unused parameter nowadays. I think there are three solutions. One is to remove parameter,
> another is to use UNUSED_PARAM macro and the other is to use /* */ in parameters.
>
> I like to use UNUSED_PARAM macro except for primitive parameters personally

I just searched WebCore for UNUSED_PARAM, its usage appears quite consistent. We use UNUSED_PARAM in .cpp files inside ifdefs, where it's not feasible to omit parameter names. We also use them when function declaration and definition are the same (i.e. in .h files), as there is no other place one could discover parameter's meaning if it were unnamed.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov