[webkit-dev] Adding <main> element to WebCore

James Craig jcraig at apple.com
Thu Nov 29 18:42:06 PST 2012

On Nov 29, 2012, at 6:33 PM, James Craig <jcraig at apple.com> wrote:

> On Nov 29, 2012, at 6:19 PM, James Robinson <jamesr at google.com> wrote:
>
>> This is an interesting standards debate but as many people have noted it does not belong on the webkit-dev list, which is for coordinating the development of WebKit. Please take this over to whatwg@ or some other appropriate standards list.
>
> I think it's valid to discuss here because this thread started as a request for comments on a patch.
>
> 1. This patch is valid for consideration because there is already an extension specification for HTML 5 that was approved for publish by consensus of the HTML Accessibility Task Force.

One minor correction. This extension specification was approved "with no objections and ample support" by the main HTML Working Group, not just by the task force.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Nov/0232.html

Which I believe means inclusion of the patch should be accepted once it gets reviewer approval, no?