[webkit-dev] Adding <main> element to WebCore

James Craig jcraig at apple.com
Thu Nov 29 18:33:16 PST 2012

On Nov 29, 2012, at 6:19 PM, James Robinson <jamesr at google.com> wrote:

> This is an interesting standards debate but as many people have noted it does not belong on the webkit-dev list, which is for coordinating the development of WebKit. Please take this over to whatwg@ or some other appropriate standards list.

I think it's valid to discuss here because this thread started as a request for comments on a patch.

1. This patch is valid for consideration because there is already an extension specification for HTML 5 that was approved for publish by consensus of the HTML Accessibility Task Force.

2. My feedback to Steve was that I supported the addition but he should include a layout test.

3. The patch discussion, however, was derailed IMO by misinformation about assistive technologies and how they are used in conjunction with WebKit, so I wanted a chance to contradict the misinformation at its source.

James