[webkit-dev] Github vs. git.webkit.org

Tor Arne Vestbø tor.arne.vestbo at digia.com
Wed Nov 28 03:53:24 PST 2012

On 11/25/12 1:12 , Adam Barth wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 1:53 PM, Gergely Kis <gergely at homejinni.com> wrote:
>> Yes, I saw that thread, but I got confused by this other thread:
>> https://lists.webkit.org/pipermail/webkit-dev/2012-April/020339.html
>>
>> Here most of the participants seemed to agree that moving the 2 repositories
>> to use the same SHA ids is the best course of action.
>
> Unfortunately, the folks who maintain the mirror don't appear to
> agree.  Given that they've been gracious enough to let us use their
> mirror, it's hard for us to ask them to change how they run it.

This is not accurate.

I replied directly to you Adam based on the above mentioned thread,
countering a few points from the thread, but closing off by saying that
if the consensus was that syncing the mirrors was the way to go, I was
perfectly fine with that too. I still am -- all it takes is someone
letting me know when to stop pushing and to do the mentioned force-push.

Tor Arne