[webkit-dev] github mirror

Shezan Baig shezbaig.wk at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 03:53:46 PDT 2012

Hi WebKit,

I've been using a fork of the following repo:
https://github.com/WebKit/webkit

However, yesterday there was discussion on #webkit that the SHA-1 checksums
on this repo are different from repo at git.webkit.org, which means folks
working on both need to have both versions checked out.

I believe the answer to this problem is in:
http://help.github.com/move-a-repo/

(look at the last section titled "Manual clone and push")

Anyone in the "WebKit" organization on https://github.com/WebKit should be
able to push this.  Once this is pushed, we can retire the existing repo on
github.  This means the existing forks will be unusable, but I think it
will be good to do this earlier rather than later, so we just have "one"
repo, and this will make it easier for existing git.webkit.org users to
switch to github.

Thanks,
-shez-