[webkit-dev] r- your own patches [was: Re: RenderArena: Teaching an old dog new tricks]

Julien Chaffraix julien.chaffraix at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 07:42:25 PST 2012

> Seconded. I also think only the one who submitted the patch can clear
> the r? flag. Others should NOT do that, please, even you are a
> reviewer. You can r- the patch if you believe it is bad.

I disagree with that. You seem to think that patches falls into either
good or bad. However the reality is more complex and there are levels
of goodness and badness. I use r- for patches that I really think are
not in the right direction or shouldn't be landed: it is a statement
in this direction. Clearing the flag is for patches that are close
enough but still not up to our standards and that I want to kick off
the review queue.

This is my reasoning on that and other people likely have different
views. However I don't think it's unreasonable to clear the flag
instead of r-'ing in some contexts.

Julien