[webkit-dev] r- your own patches [was: Re: RenderArena: Teaching an old dog new tricks]

noam.rosenthal at nokia.com noam.rosenthal at nokia.com
Fri Nov 16 07:16:42 PST 2012

From: ext Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa at webkit.org<mailto:rniwa at webkit.org>>
> r+ and r- flags are supposed to be set only by reviewers. If you wanted to withdraw your patch from the review queue, then you should be clearing  r? flag, instead of setting r-. If you’re uploading a WIP patch, then it should not bear either r?, r-, or r+
> flags. You can accomplish this by either not setting the flag when you upload a patch on Bugzilla, clearing flag on the Bugzilla, or using --no-review option on webkit-patch.

Regarding WIP patches, what I've seen a few times is us reviewers adding an r- flag to a WIP patch with no r?, when we think it's horribly wrong…
I think the flip side of the guideline for non-reviewers to avoid r- is to have reviewers use r- only when the patch is up for review. This will encourage people to use no flags instead of putting r- for WIP patches.
No'am