[webkit-dev] do you want "WK1" and "WK2" keywords in the TestExpectations files?

Raphael Kubo da Costa rakuco at webkit.org
Tue Nov 13 11:59:33 PST 2012

Dirk Pranke <dpranke at chromium.org> writes:

> So, it seems like WK1 and WK2 keywords might be useful. However, I
> don't really want to add more divergence between ports, so it would be
> nice to have everyone agree to use it if we were to add it.
>
> What do you all think? Would you like this feature, and would you all
> use it ?

At least on the EFL side I think things are good the way they are: we
have platform/efl for common stuff and platform/efl-wk1 and
platform/efl-wk2 for WK1- or WK2-specific stuff (not only
TestExpectations files but also test results). If we got rid of those
and put everything together in platform/efl, I think we'd end up with a
very big TestExpectations file and don't know what we'd do with the
occasional different results for WK1 and WK2.

> However, this is a little awkward and gets worse if you also need to
> support different expectations for multiple different configs (e.g.,
> mac-lion vs mac-snowleopard vs mac-mountainlion).

It wouldn't really solve this problem, right?

--
Intel Finland Oy
Registered Address: PL 281, 00181 Helsinki