[webkit-dev] generic test expectations?

Ryosuke Niwa rniwa at webkit.org
Tue Nov 13 11:21:04 PST 2012

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 11:02 AM, Glenn Adams <glenn at skynav.com> wrote:

> That would seem to work only if the test(s) fail the same way on all
> ports. In the case that I'm working from, I'm using reftests, where I know
> the correct expectations, but the actual behavior will (does) differ on
> different ports (when the corresponding feature is committed).

That seems to indicate that ref test is not a good testing method for this
feature.

I would like to be able to (independently) commit new reftests *and* their
> known good expectation counterparts (that should apply on all ports), and
> then subsequently commit an independent patch that implements the expected
> behavior (on some but not all ports), and the comment further follow-on
> patches that fix the failing ports (possibly by writing new expectations
> for those specific ports).

What kind of tests are you trying to add? Assuming this is related to your
line break work, it might be possible to convert your tests to dumpAsText
tests using getComputedStyle and check in failing *-expected.txt files.

- R. Niwa