[webkit-dev] Does anyone still use the TestFailures app?

Osztrogonac Csaba oszi at inf.u-szeged.hu
Mon Nov 5 12:47:23 PST 2012

Hi,

We use it and http://build.webkit.sed.hu/TestFailures/ for gardening,
it is the first step we usually do if determining who broke what about
the waterfall isn't trivial.

On http://build.webkit.sed.hu/TestFailures/ we use a very old copy
of test failures and it still works fine.

Dirk Pranke írta:
> http://build.webkit.org/TestFailures/
>
> I think Adam Roben was working on this a year or so ago. It appears to
> be broken at the moment (it's likely that I broke it, in fact), but
> before I spend much time fixing it I thought I'd check.

It works for me more or less, but I got strange link names:
http/tests/security/cross-origin-plugin-private-browsing-toggled.html: [object DocumentFragment]

Maybe one of the garden-o-matic patches broke it somehow.

> I've never actually used it myself, so I'm not sure what all it was
> supposed to do; it looks like it overlaps in functionality some with
> the flakiness dashboard, but was probably written before the flakiness
> dashboard worked with the build.webkit.org bots and everyone was
> converted to using NRWT.

> If anyone is still using it (or would if it was actually working) in
> preference to the flakiness dashboard, can you let me know why?
We still use it, because it is very simple, it works almost always,
it isn't hakced day by day and its output is very very simple. We
get the result - which revision broke a given test, which are the
related bug reports - with _one_ click on the name of the slave.

It is more complicated to do same thing on flakiness dashboard:
- select webkit.org from group
- select a given slave
- select "tests with wrong expectations"
- (unselect flaky)
- find manually the last good revision for test by test
   but it is _impossible_ if the breakage is too old

> Ideally I'd like to get rid of it and roll any good features it had
> into the flakiness dashboard, but I'm happy to fix it and/or keep it
> around if it does other things I'm not aware of or if people are still
> using it.

Please don't remove this good and simple tool, we use it day by day.

br,
Ossy