[webkit-dev] moving focus when clicking on scrollbars

Ojan Vafai ojan at chromium.org
Thu Nov 1 12:57:35 PDT 2012

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 12:32 PM, Peter Kasting <pkasting at chromium.org>wrote:

> It seems worth noting over here that on the whatwg discussion for this,
> "native" really means "Mac and Ubuntu".  Notably it's not clear whether
> this matches Windows, which is 90+% of the userbase for Chrome.  I am a
> little nervous making blanket statements like "this is native behavior"
> when we're not sure whether it is for such large user groups.
>
> I'm not sure how to test this on Windows, though.

We know Windows doesn't move focus when you click on the scrollbar of the
top-level window (e.g. if something inside the window has focus, it doesn't
clear focus when you click on the scrollbar), right? We just don't know of
a way of testing nested, native scrollbars on Windows. So, I still think
it's accurate to call this the Windows native scrollbar behavior.

FWIW, see the related
http://crbug.com/6759<http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=6759>
.

Gecko's behavior makes me a little less worried than the "never move focus"