[webkit-dev] Simplifying syntax in test_expectations.txt (bug 86691)

Dimitri Glazkov dglazkov at chromium.org
Thu May 17 10:04:05 PDT 2012

Sorry, didn't mean to come across as flip. To illustrate, here's an example:

WIN SNOWLEOPARD : foo.html = TEXT IMAGE # on all windows platforms and
SL, test foo.html is flaky -- fails either with text or pixel results.

Easy.

TEXT WIN SNOWLEOPARD IMAGE foo.html # fails with text on all windows
platforms and SL, oh, and actually it's flaky with pixel results, the
foo.html test does.

Less easy.

Worse yet, since the expectations are commonly updated, you now need
to fish through the whole set of specifiers and mentally separate them
into expectations and modifiers, then update. It's more likely that
this will happen:

TEXT WIN SNOWLEOPARD IMAGE LINUX foo.html #test foo.html fails with
text on all windows platforms and SL, oh, and actually it's flaky with
pixel results, oh, and also on linux, the foo.html test does.

:DG<