[webkit-dev] A more detailed source tree overview

Adam Barth abarth at webkit.org
Mon May 14 10:50:53 PDT 2012

Unfortunately, the information in WebKitSourceLayout.md is much too
detailed.  It contains many facts that happen to be true at this
moment, but are likely to change at any moment.  It's unlikely that
we'll keep this documentation up to date, which means it's just going
to get stale and perhaps cause confusion.

I would encourage you to dive in and fix bugs rather than trying to
understand all of the code at the beginning.  Our experience is that
folks can make useful contributions to the project without
understanding everything in detail ahead of time.  The code review
process is our main technique for teaching new contributors about the
codebase.  Contributing code also scales nicely in that you can
contribute patches that grow in complexity as your understanding of
the codebase grows.

Adam