[webkit-dev] A more detailed source tree overview

Breckin Loggins bloggins+webkit at greatfoundry.com
Mon May 14 09:07:34 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I've been trying to familiarize myself with the WebKit source tree.  I started at https://trac.webkit.org/wiki/HighLevelOverview but it is a bit sparse.  While I was checking out and building the code I decided to do some deeper browsing and document my findings.  The resulting markdown doc is attached.

Questions:
1. Does this look like something you'd like to see added to the Wiki?  Some of the remarks are assumptions and may be incorrect (I marked ones where I was REALLY guessing with "(?)").  I'll be happy to fix any inaccuracies.

2. I have a trac account but I didn't want to edit the existing High Level Overview page or add a new page without permission.  Is there documentation somewhere for the process of submitting wiki changes (as opposed to committing code patches)?

Also, I think the markdown syntax will need to be tweaked and some links changed to Wiki-relative ones rather than absolute URLs.  I'll be sure to change that once I get some guidance on adding this to the Wiki.

Thanks and Regards,
Breckin