[webkit-dev] LayoutTestHelper

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Thu May 3 09:16:17 PDT 2012

On May 3, 2012, at 8:54 AM, Dirk Pranke <dpranke at chromium.org> wrote:

> On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 7:35 AM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs at apple.com> wrote:
>>
>> Better naming/documentation may help. But I think the root problem here was
>> that the Chromium Android LayoutTestHelper does not exist in the WebKit
>> repository, as far as I can tell. So there was no reasonable way for anyone
>> to consider it when making changes.
>>

> I'm not trying to make a big deal out of this, but the python code for
> the android port is checked in :)
>
> http://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/Tools/Scripts/webkitpy/layout_tests/port/chromium_android.py

I see, I was looking for something that would start a LayoutTestHelper tool. It seems like Android has a different interpretation of what start_helper means. I would like to fix all this stuff but I am not sure how to fix the naming. Do you have a suggestion for a better name for the port-specific pre-test setup hook?

Regards,
Maciej