[webkit-dev] Queries regarding indexed db implementation

김지연 jiyeon0402.kim at samsung.com
Wed May 2 04:42:57 PDT 2012

Hi all.

This is Jiyeon Kim recently joined webkit-dev mailing list.

I’ve got two questions on IndexedDB.

First, I wonder, while Web storage and Web SQL have tracker, why Indexed DB
doesn’t have tracker.

Second, if you look at IDBFactory::open() method in IDBFactory.cpp file,

the fifth argument of m_backend->open(name, request.get(), context-
>securityOrigin(), frame, String()); is not about path information but a
string (i.e., document->page()->group().groupSettings()-
>indexedDBDatabasePath();).

I also wonder why it is a string rather than a path.

Thanks for your time to look into my questions.

Best regards,
Jiyeon Kim