[webkit-dev] Feature Announcement: Adding <iframe seamless>

Adam Barth abarth at webkit.org
Tue May 1 16:04:31 PDT 2012

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 3:50 PM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs at apple.com> wrote:
> On May 1, 2012, at 3:31 PM, Eric Seidel <eric at webkit.org> wrote:
>> Is your goal to be able to disable the feature to prevent a late-known
>> security issue?
>>
>> Or is your goal to universally disable seamless for a port entirely?
>
> I'm not sure I understand the difference between these. The capability I'm looking for is to disable the entire feature if necessary. However, I don't expect that any ports Apple is involved with would leave it off indefinitely. I hope that answers your questions.

One approach to ENABLE_SEAMLESS is to put the "seamless" property on
HTMLIFrameElement behind [Conditional=SEAMLESS] and then to change
Document::mayDisplaySeamlessWithParent to always return false.  That
should make the feature invisible to the web.  The changes to the
layout and navigation algorithms wouldn't be ifdefed, but they'll do
the same things they do today because the engine won't ever treat an
iframe as seamless.

Adam