[webkit-dev] Hosting the webkitgtk.org site on svn.webkit.org

Martin Robinson mrobinson at webkit.org
Tue Mar 27 13:55:17 PDT 2012

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 1:36 PM, Adam Barth <abarth at webkit.org> wrote:
> Is there much value in putting the release tarballs in svn.webkit.org?
>  I wonder if it would make sense to store those large-ish binary blobs
> elsewhere and to use svn.webkit.org for the human readable/editable
> parts of the web site.

One of the main benefits of hosting it at svn.webkit.org would be the
ability to share the bug tracker and to allow uploading / committing
patches via the commit-queue.  Lately, someone filed a bug against our
site on the bugs.webkit.org. It seemed unusual to create a new tracker
for something so related. This conceptual fix is probably not so great
practically though. All the concerns people have raised so far make
sense to me, so I think I'll withdraw my proposal.

If at some point, we switch to a multi-repository approach like git
submodules it could make sense to approach this issue again.

--Martin