[webkit-dev] Problem In Compiling Webkit in Debug mode : failed to set dynamic section sizes: Memory exhausted

Sanjeet Pratap Singh sanjeetpratapsingh at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 02:42:57 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I am facing a problem while compiling the webkit-nightly build in debug
mode.

At the time of linking*(eg. CXXLD libwebkitgtk-3.0.la)*, it gets stopped
with an error(*eg. /usr/bin/ld: failed to set dynamic section sizes: Memory
exhausted)*

What, I have tried:
1)By resizing the swappiness value(/proc/sys/vm/swappiness).
2)By creating a swap partition(eg. /mnt/512MiB.swap).
But didn't get the problem resolved.

Presently I have 4GB of main memory equipped.
The same nightly build has no such an issue if debug mode is disabled.

Please help me and let me know for a solution.

Thanks & Regards,
Sanjeet