[webkit-dev] CSS3 Selectors3 test suite

Sam Weinig weinig at apple.com
Thu Mar 22 20:48:58 PDT 2012

On Mar 22, 2012, at 6:41 PM, Ojan Vafai <ojan at chromium.org> wrote:

> I've recently been greening Chromium's expectations for css3/selectors3. ~10% of these test need interaction (e.g. hovering over a link or selecting text). Given that this is an imported test suite does it make sense to add the appropriate layoutTestController hooks? As it is, the tests aren't really verifying correctness.

I don't think it is a good idea to change imported suites unless we can do it a non-destructive way (e.g. all tests in this directory get this script added to them).  If we want to split up the tests that require interaction from the others, we should do that upstream and see if we can make as many as we can not require explicit interaction.

> Also, this test suite is a great example of one that I think it would make more sense for us to check in reftest expected results instead of png+rendertreedump. These tests are explicitly testing selector matching only, so it would be easy to write reftests that have a high confidence of accurately verifying correctness. They'd only fail if we had some egregious bug such that we painted everything green as white. Presumably we'd notice such a bug through other means.

Again, I think this should happen upstream in the CSS working group.

-Sam