[webkit-dev] CSS3 Selectors3 test suite

Ojan Vafai ojan at chromium.org
Thu Mar 22 18:41:11 PDT 2012

I've recently been greening Chromium's expectations for css3/selectors3.
~10% of these test need interaction (e.g. hovering over a link or selecting
text). Given that this is an imported test suite does it make sense to add
the appropriate layoutTestController hooks? As it is, the tests aren't
really verifying correctness.

Also, this test suite is a great example of one that I think it would make
more sense for us to check in reftest expected results instead of
png+rendertreedump. These tests are explicitly testing selector matching
only, so it would be easy to write reftests that have a high confidence of
accurately verifying correctness. They'd only fail if we had some egregious
bug such that we painted everything green as white. Presumably we'd notice
such a bug through other means.

Ojan