[webkit-dev] Microdata document.getItems()

Ryosuke Niwa rniwa at webkit.org
Thu Mar 8 01:20:08 PST 2012

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 12:57 AM, Gurpreet Kaur <gur.trio at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes I am using older webkit version and have just merged the Microdata
> patch. When I try to do alert(document.getItems()) via script  I get Object
> NodeList but .lenght returns 0.

That's not a good idea. There have been a number of recent changes to the
way DynamicNodeList/HTMLCollection works. In particular, I remember Arko
and I fixed a number of bugs in other parts of WebKit to make microdata API
work. I highly recommend that you use a newer revision of WebKit that has
microdata API instead of using an older revision and manually merging
changes.

If possible Can you just explain how is the length calculated?

Look at definitions of those two classes.

- Ryosuke