[webkit-dev] CSS properties vs. their JS bindings on the style object

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Thu Mar 1 14:22:25 PST 2012

I agree with Hyatt.

It's not like this behavior is especially harmful or confusing. Authors are unlikely to run into properties with hyphens in the names unless they go looking. And it can be useful if you ever want to pass around actual CSS property names by string in an API - no need to convert them to the funky camel-case format before looking it up.

So it seems more reasonable to just spec it, and it's certainly not a big enough deal to fork behavior between ports.

Cheers,
Maciej