[webkit-dev] spinoff from webkit-patch -g discussion

David Kilzer ddkilzer at webkit.org
Thu Mar 1 09:43:12 PST 2012

On Feb 29, 2012, at 3:28 PM, Dirk Pranke wrote:

> In my view, I would actually rather upload the combination of
> committed + staged + unstaged changes rather than be told I have to
> commit things; in other words, I actually prefer to commit what I've
> uploaded rather than upload what I've committed.

Ah!  This explains why I use webkit-patch differently.  With many local branches, leaving staged/unstaged changes in the source tree would make it impossible to switch branches easily.  I also don't think of bugs.webkit.org as an ancillary source code repository (if I delete my local changes), but maybe that's because I'm uploading fewer patches to bugs.webkit.org.

Dave