[webkit-dev] Putting your own Webkit variant back into the Nightly build WebKit App

Mark Gilbert webkit at gallery.co.uk
Fri Jun 29 15:07:57 PDT 2012

Hi Folks.

I wonder if someone could help me figure out how to move my newly compiled WebKit (with tweaks) into the bundle of the Nightly build application.

I want to have a self contained browser running with my webkit-variation.

I did manage to do this once last year, and I have the self contained app to prove it, but I don't appear to be able to repeat the feat a year later with a newer set of code.  Probably I have forgotten a step and I am missing out something

All I am doing is copying the 4 frameworks out of my release folder and replacing the ones in the nightly build folder (in the 10.7 subfolder, since I am testing on 10.7).

Whilst my build does what I expect when I use run-safari,  the re-bundled Nightly Build webkit app seems to be reverting to the built in webkit, (or at least 'another' web kit without my changes).

Maybe I need to copy the frameworks into the 10.6 folder  as well ??

Could anyone offer any advice?

Thanks.

Mark.