[webkit-dev] Can we distinguish imported tests in LayoutTests/css3 ?

Jacob Goldstein jacobg at adobe.com
Mon Jun 11 15:18:16 PDT 2012

On 6/11/12 2:37 PM, "Ryosuke Niwa" <rniwa at webkit.org<mailto:rniwa at webkit.org>> wrote:

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 2:33 PM, Dirk Pranke <dpranke at chromium.org<mailto:dpranke at chromium.org>> wrote:
Technically, it does (at least NRWT does), but I wouldn't recommend
it. NRWT is designed to allow tests to live in multiple repos, but it
seems like all of the tests in the webkit repo should be under a
single top-level dir.

I don't think old-run-webkit-tests supports that, not that it'll be too hard to support it. Regardless I agree with your point that all tests should be in single directory although I can see we can separate tests into two groups: regression tests and conformance tests.

That sounds fine to me.  I believe that the idea floated at the contributor's meeting was to put an imported folder within each feature/topic area.  That way you can run the top level folder for a feature area and get both imported and WebKit-specific tests.