[webkit-dev] can we stop using Skipped files?

Thiago Marcos P. Santos tmpsantos at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 06:27:13 PDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 2:47 AM, Dirk Pranke <dpranke at chromium.org> wrote:

> I believe most if not all of the ports have started using either
> TestExpectations files or a combination of TestExpectations files
> (except for the Apple Win port).
>
> Can we explicitly switch to the TestExpectations files at this point
> and drop support for Skipped files on the other ports (and perhaps
> disable old-run-webkit-tests for all but apple win)?
>
> If not, what needs to happen so that we can do that? Do we need to
> land more of the discussed changes to the syntax of the
> TestExpectations file? Anything else?
>
> It would be nice to get rid of the complexity (both in the code and in
> our heads) if we can.

The EFL port is gradually moving things from Skipped to TestExpectations.
This process is taking time because we are using this opportunity
to investigate each item and make an association to a bug for every line
moved from Skipped to TestExpectations.

I personally don't see a problem on moving our skip list to a new section
on TestExpectations tagged as "SKIP" for the sake of reducing legacy on the
testing infrastructure.

Another option would be just migrate Skipped to TestExpectations syntax and
let the ports move things to expectations file.

Cheers,