[webkit-dev] can I replace webkitwebsrc with souphttpsrc?

ZiQiangHuan hzqhuan at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 20:31:55 PDT 2012

Hi,

For support to html5 video on my device, I am doing something with
webkit+gstreamer recently. But I found that there are custom plugins
"webkitsrc" and "webkitsink" in webkit's gstreamer backend source code.For
my device I have to replace webkitsink with my videosink. I met some
trouble with "webkitsrc", and for example I cannot play mp4 files if their
size is too big. Then I test it when I replace webkitsrc with gstreamer's
plugins souphttpsrc, the trouble disappears. So my question is that if I
replace webkitsrc with souphttpsrc, any trouble I will meet? any functions
I will loss?

By the way, any introductions for webkit's streaming media policy I can
learn?

Best regards,
ZiQiangHuan