[webkit-dev] Can we remove webkit prefix from Battery Status API and from Vibration API?

Peter Beverloo peter at chromium.org
Tue Jul 31 08:26:51 PDT 2012

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 3:02 AM, Kihong Kwon <kihong.kwon at samsung.com>wrote:

> Hi, webkit-dev****
>
> ** **
>
> As you can see with these links,****
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/battery-status/****
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/vibration/****
>
> the status of Battery Status API and Vibration API have been changed to
> the CR quite ago and specs are almost stable now.****
>
> Therefore, I think we can remove webkit prefix from webkitBattery and from
> webkitvibrate.****
>
> If someone has objection or other opinion please let me know.

Has a test suite been published we can test against?

Are there any other implementations of the APIs? Besides the time-based
requirement of dropping vendor prefixes when a specification goes to
Candidate Recommendation status, unprefixing also implies operability with
both the specification and other implementations. It'll be good to confirm
that.

Peter