[webkit-dev] Using commit-queue doesn't mean you can use build failures

Ryosuke Niwa rniwa at webkit.org
Thu Jul 19 00:50:13 PDT 2012

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 12:39 AM, Hajime Morrita <morrita at chromium.org>wrote:

> It is possible for a change to break chromium-linux, chromium-win or
> chromium-mac,
> that means developers needs to have Linux, Mac and Windows machines to
> ensure
> the successful build since there is no EWS for these configurations.

Sure, I'm not asking them to locally build their patches on every single
port configuration.

More reasonable baseline would be getting all EWS builds green
> and/or watching the tree until landed patch goes green. And in my
> understanding, these are in fact our current norm.

This is exactly what I'm asking.  If you're landing a patch, you should
be at least responsible for making sure things build.  It's unreasonable
for someone to claim that build failure isn't his or her fault just because
he or she used the commit queue.

- Ryosuke