[webkit-dev] Please include function-level comments in change log entries

Per Bothner per.bothner at oracle.com
Fri Jul 6 13:51:36 PDT 2012

On 07/06/2012 01:02 PM, Eric Seidel wrote:
> You began by thread-jacking Dan's discussion of ChangeLogs, and now
> appear to be attacking a seasoned contributors polite response with
> sarcasm and derision.

Sorry - it wasn't meant to be a thread-jacking, but the issue of
commenting in WebKit hit a nerve.

The response was indeed polite, but I find the policy misguided and
frustrating.

> I recommend you soften your words, and try again on another thread.
> ... I recommend doing so in a friendlier tone, on a separate thread.

While I apologize for the context, I stand by my words.
I don't think my words were out of line or particularly harsh.
The tone could have been gentler - but too gentle gets ignored.
--
	--Per Bothner
per.bothner at oracle.com   per at bothner.com   http://per.bothner.com/