[webkit-dev] Changing the implementation of KURL

Benjamin Poulain benjamin at webkit.org
Thu Jan 26 18:11:41 PST 2012

Hello,

I would like to give another shot at the URL implementation Adam
started some times ago.

There are a few problems with the current KURL:
-there are two implementations: WebKit and Google URL
-some stuff are just plain incorrect :)
-the WebKit implementation has some bugs which makes it differs from
GoogleURL (and in some cases, the other engines)

So I would like to:
1) put back WTF URL in trunk
2) add an implementation of KURL based on ParsedURL with a new USE(WTFURL)
3) fix the tests until we match at least the current KURL
4) fix the performance gap, if any
5) kill the current KURL, remove the flag USE(WTFURL)
6) fix the remaining tests

If that fails. We can get rid of USE(WTFURL), and resume fixing the
bug for current's KURL.

Any comments? Suggestions?

Cheers,
Benjamin