[webkit-dev] Removing deprecatedFrameEncoding

Alexey Proskuryakov ap at webkit.org
Tue Jan 24 10:44:18 PST 2012

24.01.2012, в 10:04, Julian Reschke написал(а):

> Sorry, Alexey.
>
> You did claim this is "needed for compatibility with existing content".

Please be more careful with quotation marks. You are not quoting me, and I'm not sure what you actually refer to.

> But unless I'm missing something, *nobody* has complained, and Safari has been shipping with this behavior for ... how long? Months? Years? And Chrome as well?
>
> Given the previous discussion we had it would be extremely useful to fully understand what's going on.

I'm not sure what potential usefulness you have in mind. Safari behavior is designed to be interoperable and consistent. It results in correct downloaded file names for users of all live Web sites that I'm aware of (except for mail.google.com, which blacklists Safari, and wouldn't work correctly regardless of how we handled its responses).

Perhaps there are sites that misbehave; I'd like to know about these to investigate what's going on, and potentially tweak the approach.

It is not useful or interesting to discuss this behavior in a theoretical context where non-ASCII characters in Content-Disposition are not allowed at all.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov