[webkit-dev] Removing deprecatedFrameEncoding

Julian Reschke julian.reschke at gmx.de
Tue Jan 24 10:04:55 PST 2012

On 2012-01-24 19:00, Alexey Proskuryakov wrote:

> 24.01.2012, в 9:45, Julian Reschke написал(а):
>
>> Did you find out for how long this was broken? I can't even recall the last Safari update, insofar I have my doubts that this change affected any real world content.
>
> I didn't check when exactly this broke.
>
> As discussed earlier in this thread, waiting for complaints is not very practical for this kind of bugs - for multiple reason, it often takes extremely long time until someone files a bug.

Sorry, Alexey.

You did claim this is "needed for compatibility with existing content".

But unless I'm missing something, *nobody* has complained, and Safari
has been shipping with this behavior for ... how long? Months? Years?
And Chrome as well?

Given the previous discussion we had it would be extremely useful to
fully understand what's going on.

Best regards, Julian