[webkit-dev] chromium-cg-mac results

Dirk Pranke dpranke at chromium.org
Tue Jan 3 20:33:09 PST 2012

On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 3:28 PM, Adam Barth <abarth at webkit.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 3:22 PM, Nico Weber <thakis at chromium.org> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 3:00 PM, Adam Barth <abarth at webkit.org> wrote:
>>> It looks like Chromium Mac has successfully moved to Skia.
>>
>> I'd wait with this assessment until a version of Chrome with Skia has
>> shipped to stable. Things are looking really good so that should be
>> smooth sailing, but it's a bit early to say we're "successfully moved"
>> :-)
>
> Fair enough.  However, I believe the Skia transition plan called for
> removing the chromium-cg-mac expectation much earlier than a Skia
> build shipping to stable.  Originally, we were only supposed to have
> to maintain both sets of expectations for about a month.  The
> transition has taken longer than expected, but it seems like we have
> sufficient confidence in Skia now that we can remove the
> chromium-cg-mac expectations.

Has the skia transition hit beta yet? It seems like as soon as we get
it onto a version that is pointing to a branched version of webkit, we
should be completely safe to remove the directories on trunk (frankly,
I'd agree with Adam that it's probably safe to remove it now, since we
can always add them back in if we have to, but I can compromise as
well).

-- Dirk