[webkit-dev] Removing obsolete File attributes

Alexey Proskuryakov ap at webkit.org
Fri Feb 24 13:30:23 PST 2012

24.02.2012, в 12:20, Darin Fisher написал(а):

> Perhaps a concrete good first step is to log a console warning when they are used?  "Warning, blahBlah is a deprecated attribute.  Use fluxCapacitor instead."

I'm not much in favor of such warnings - from all I heard (second or third hand, without hard data), they are not effective. FWIW, this is what I'd expect - developers don't check console logs for sites they've delivered and were paid for long ago.

I should point out that replacement standard attributes have been implemented in WebKit for a long time.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov