[webkit-dev] Including new IETestCenter tests in the LayoutTests

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Wed Feb 15 09:01:53 PST 2012

On Feb 15, 2012, at 2:26 AM, Alexis Menard wrote:

> The code we submit in WebKit has to be BSD or LGPL compatible code.
> (/me remember how hard it is to find real world CSS BSD compatible
> chunk to write a perf test)
>
> I found http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/cc300389.aspx then you have to
> see if that is ok for us. In any case the copyright is Microsoft.

Actually, the license terms for the IETestCenter content itself are here:

http://samples.msdn.microsoft.com/ietestcenter/support/copyright.htm

This is a BSD-equivalent license. So it should be acceptable to incorporate the tests into the WebKit repository. As Adam mentioned, we are happy to import external test suites wholesale, even if they are not fully passing yet.

Regards,
Maciej