[webkit-dev] JavaScriptCore Debugger - Non-Browser Implementation

Rolando Abarca m at rolando.cl
Mon Feb 13 13:26:53 PST 2012

Hi,

Just as a heads up, I'm currently working on a very simple JSC debugger,
using the provided API and a simple TCP server to be able to connect to any
V8 debugger (read: node-inspector). I'm half-way through it and I'll
publish my code as soon as I have a working implementation.
I'm not completely sure this should be part of JSC, but I'm probably not in
a position to say that :)

I'll bump this thread to keep you updated.
If someone wants more info, feel free to contact me directly.

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 11:46 AM, Oliver Hunt <oliver at apple.com> wrote:

> We actually want to kill the current debugging mechanisms as they're
> somewhat archaic in their current form (they require substantial [and
> fragile] work on the debugger side, and have a significant runtime cost).
>  I'd be hesistant to start building anything new on top of what's currently
> there, but we do want to improve the dev support in JSC itself so we
> wouldn't say no to any patches in that direction.
>
> --Oliver
>
> --
Rolando Abarca M.
http://rolando.cl